PRE-OPERATIVE GUIDELINES TO PATIENTS
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, after midnight prior the day of your surgery.
- Follow your doctor’s orders regarding the taking of any medications the night before or the day of your surgery.
- Refrain from smoking/drinking alcohol preferably one week prior to your surgery.
- Arrive promptly at the time specified by the surgeon, you will usually be asked to arrive one- two hours before your scheduled surgery.
- Most pre-operative blood, lab or paperwork is performed prior to the day of your surgery, which should be brought to the hospital on the day of the surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing that will fit following surgery. Do not wear contact lens or jewelry on the day of the surgery to the hospital.
- After you have completed your registration, admission and advance payment process at the ground floor, you will be escorted to the 2nd floor day care department after which your lab work and/or other testing will be obtained (if this has not already been done). In the day care department, you will change into hospital uniform and be assessed by the Medical officer for brief history taking and consents.
- The type of anesthesia (General, Regional, Local) you will receive will be decided by
- It is advised to bring a family member/friend with you on the day of your procedure.
- Post procedure, most patients are discharged within one to five hours after surgery. A nurse will review your post-operative instructions and prepare you for discharge from the hospital.
In case of any queries/concerns please call us at 020-46941111