Patients and family have the responsibility to:-
PATIENTS SAFETY GOALS
PATIENTS RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBLITIES
INSTRUCTIONS TO PATIENTS AND VISITORS
PRE-OPERATIVE GUIDELINES TO PATIENTS
1. Provide accurate and complete information about medical complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, pain, and other matters relating to their health.
2. Follow the treatment plan recommended by those responsible for their care.
3. Timely and accurate Payments for all the services as per the policies of the organization.
4. Comply with all the Healthcare organizations rules and Regulations.
1. Access to care: No patient shall be to be denied admission due to race, color, religion, ancestry, financial class or national origin.
2. Respect and dignity: Respect and dignity to be provided for any Spiritual, cultural needs or any special references and Personal Dignity also to be maintained in all settings of the care.
3. Privacy: Patient Privacy to be respected and maintained in all settings during all Procedures, Examination in the Healthcare Organizations.
4. Confidentiality: Confidentiality to be maintained of all the Healthcare information and Records to be maintained all the time during discussion and treatment.
5. Access to his/ her clinical Records: Accessibility to be provided to all the patients to their Clinical records.
6. Personal safety and security: Patients’ personal safety and security to be maintained and special precautions to be maintained for the patients with special needs.
7. Refusal of treatment and Second opinion: During the treatment patient and family to be provided with all the information and options regarding treatment to make an
informed choice including the options for refusal. (In case of refusal of treatment consequences to be explained)
8. Right to information: Patient and family has the right to get information on following :-
a. Expected cost: Hospital Tariff and Expected cost for all the availed services to be informed to the patients and family.
b. Plan of Care, Progress, Expected Results, Complications, alternatives and information on other Healthcare needs.
c. Voice a complaint and feedback: All the patients shall be educated or informed about the process of how to voice a complaint.Safe Medication Use:-
Large number of deaths and emergencies can be prevented if patients, family members and hospital staffs are aware of possible medication errors and preventive measures.
Medication incident are those which actually caused harm or had the potential to cause harm involving an error in the process of prescribing, dispensing, preparing, administering, monitoring or providing advice for medication advice. The most frequently reported types of medication incidents involve:
• Wrong dose wrong medicine.
• Wrong medication.
• Missed medication.
• Delayed medicines.
A medication incident is mistake with medication or a problem that could cause a mistake with medication. Medication incidents may involve use of prescription and non –prescription medications, natural health products, and devices or equipment used to administer medications. Medication errors or incidents can occur when medications are prescribed, dispensed, or taken.
Medication incidents can happen in hospitals, nursing homes, general physician’s clinics, specialist clinics, pharmacies and at homes.